It’s been about a week since my 21st birthday and I was planning on posting this the day of my birthday but life got in the way as per usual. So here is a post of 20 things that I learned in the past year of being 20 years old. I thought this would be a cute and simple little post to help me get back into the swing of things.
I can’t believe I’m already 21, I feel so old but I’m really still so young. This past year has been incredible for me. I have met some amazing people, got my own apartment, survived factory work, created this blog, and found more of myself along the way. When I look back to the person I was on my 20th birthday, I was still very insecure physically and emotionally. Thankfully a lot can change in a year, as I am no longer that person I was only that short time ago. I like to think I’m becoming my best self and I can’t wait to see what 21 has in store for me.
Enjoy my life lessons from being 20 xo.
- Caffeine feeds the soul
- Change is hard but if you let it in, it’s inspiring
- You are still seen as a child even though you are a legal adult
- You don’t have to prove yourself to anyone so stop feeling bad
- Self love and self care are so important and something you should be doing more of
- There is such thing as over sleeping
- The whole, “act like if you have self confidence even if you don’t”, actually works
- Plans are never set in stone, shit happens
- Online shopping is an addiction and impulse buying is deadly
- Starting a blog is a lot more work than anticipated
- Not everyone is going to understand you, but the ones who accept you anyway are the only ones you need in your life
- We all could use a little more time away from our phones
- You have to stand up for what you believe in no matter what the cost
- 3 bottles of wine is always a good idea, willing to the consequences
- If you don’t like something, change it
- You do not have to be attached to the hip of your significant other, time a part is healthy and necessary
- People who work in a factory for a living need more recognition, that shit is hard on the body and mind
- Drinking a lot of water actually improves your skin and your mood … and hangover
- Do not pick cyst acne, you will hate yourself
- You are beautiful just the way you are, if anyone says differently round house kick their ass!